Tuesday, 16 December 2014
St Cuthberts Mill maintains the beautiful British countryside
where the mill is situated. Green fields, quiet country lanes
and abundant wildlife surround the mill.
• The River Axe, which supplies the mill with water, is
naturally very clean (the water’s properties are very
constant because St Cuthberts Mill is close to the water’s
• St Cuthberts Mill returns the clean water to the river having
removed all solids and papermaking additives.
• Trout live beside the mill in the River Axe. The water around
the mill carries the highest level of classifi cation for
cleanliness and biodiversity.
• Wood is only used from sustainable sources.
• No rainforests harmed in the making of our paper.
• Pulp is oxygen bleached and Elemental Chlorine Free.
• Cotton linters come from the by-product of the textile
• All materials are screened in the mill to ensure minimal
• We reuse or recycle as much as possible.
• Ducks in the ponds, trout in the river, heron, pheasant,
buzzards, foxes, badgers, roe deer and rabbits.