Search This Blog

Monday 30 March 2020


Artist Sarah Gillard 



The artist Sarah Gillard is still currently in France. Obviously we are all struggling somewhat with the lockdowns that are in place all over the world. Its more important than ever to have a focus of some kind. Painting and drawing can be amazingly therapeutic. These images shared by Sarah depict the incredible vibrancy of nature. An uplifting display that I think we can all appreciate right now. Thank you Sarah!






“Despite our current turmoil and adjusting to the enormity of ' Lockdown ', I am continuing to paint and be inspired. I recently set up a still life of flowers and decided on a black background to produce a bold semi abstract. I work in Winsor & Newton gouache and painted this on St Cuthberts Mill Saunders Waterford watercolour paper, High White, 12" x 9".

I am becoming increasingly grateful for having the art materials as I have no idea when or where I will be able to purchase more, (living in rural France in the Pyrenees).

I wish anyone reading this 'joy and inspiration' within your own creative practise, as so vital at this time in our lives....I would also like to thank St Cuthberts Mill for their beautiful watercolour blocks.” Sarah Gillard

 
'Joy in Flowers' - Sarah Gillard
(Created on Saunders Waterford White CP(NOT) paper, 10"x7")




View more of Sarah’s work on her website & instagram pages:


For more info about Saunders Waterford:


No comments:

Post a Comment