Search This Blog

Friday 13 March 2020


Sarah Gillard Artist




The contemporary floral gouache artist, Sarah Gillard, was kindly introduced to us by Sarah Edmonds at Pegasus Art. We are now delighted to have a collaborative working relationship with Sarah Gillard.
Sarah is an artist who was born in rural Kent and studied at Banbury College before going on to graduate in Fashion Textiles at Middlesex University.
Having a passion for nature, Sarah applies this inspiration into her vibrant paintings. St Cuthberts Mill, and our followers, are fortunate to follow Sarah on her latest journey to France. Sarah will be updating us on a regular basis with her creative experiences along the way. And sharing what she’s produced in her trusty Saunders Waterford block!

#1 Painting in the sunshine - Sarah Gillard
“I am currently on a painting trip in the French Pyrenees in the heart of the AriĆ©ge. The nature is stunning, and I am fortunate to be able to paint outdoors due to brilliant sunshine. I have spent the last couple of days painting wild daffodils next to a rampaging river.
I work in gouache which I discovered when I joined the Liberty Design Studio as a colourist. As a professional artist I tend to stick with materials I can rely on for their quality. I love the Saunders Waterford watercolour blocks by St Cuthberts Mill. I have brought a selection of sizes with me as I intend to be busy.”








Make sure to keep popping back for updates!

View more of Sarah’s work on her website & instagram pages:

For more info about Saunders Waterford:






No comments:

Post a Comment