Thursday, 18 December 2014
'Printmaking Today' Magazine
Printmaking Today Magazine! Following a visit to the mill by Jane Waterhouse (artist), Jane has written an awesome article about St Cuthberts Mill in this edition.
Such a great title for the article too - 'Paper Saints'! Head out and get a copy guys, It's brilliant! !
Printmaking Today - Volume 23, 2014, Issue 4 WINTER edition.
Tuesday, 16 December 2014
St Cuthberts Mill maintains the beautiful British countryside
where the mill is situated. Green fields, quiet country lanes
and abundant wildlife surround the mill.
• The River Axe, which supplies the mill with water, is
naturally very clean (the water’s properties are very
constant because St Cuthberts Mill is close to the water’s
• St Cuthberts Mill returns the clean water to the river having
removed all solids and papermaking additives.
• Trout live beside the mill in the River Axe. The water around
the mill carries the highest level of classifi cation for
cleanliness and biodiversity.
• Wood is only used from sustainable sources.
• No rainforests harmed in the making of our paper.
• Pulp is oxygen bleached and Elemental Chlorine Free.
• Cotton linters come from the by-product of the textile
• All materials are screened in the mill to ensure minimal
• We reuse or recycle as much as possible.
• Ducks in the ponds, trout in the river, heron, pheasant,
buzzards, foxes, badgers, roe deer and rabbits.
Saturday, 13 December 2014
Monday, 1 December 2014
Facebook Cover Image Winners
Big thank you to all who entered our Facebook Cover Competition!
The lucky winners are:
1. Jocelyn Roberts
2. Edo Hannema
3. Jill Griffin
4. Mo Awkati
5. Carol Davidson
6. Mai-Britt Schultz
7. Sara Glendinning
8. Chris Turner
9. Judith Crown
10. Mick McAndrews
Please could each of you email 2 images of your work (jpg format) to Kim Lintern -
Email: email@example.com Also make sure to include your web address, facebook page details and a short description of your work.
Each artists work will be used as our facebook cover image for a period of two weeks. And run consecutively in the order listed above.
Again a massive thank you and we cannot wait to see your work!